We have known that Android has been developed by Google and it is a fact that the Google Apps are best optimized to run on Android. Talking about Google Apps, it is also a fact that the custom ROMs do not come with Google Apps pre-installed which means that we have to download the Google Apps along with the ROM package which is known as a GApps package. As far as the GApps package is concerned, the best GApps package that is available for any custom ROM is the Open GApps package.
Now, we are glad to let you know that the Open GApps package for the latest version of Android is now available which is compatible with Android 8.1 Oreo. Talking about Android 8.1 Oreo, we have already seen that LineageOS 15.1, Resurrection Remix 6.0, as well as other custom ROMs, have already been released officially that have been based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Earlier, it was known that the Android 8.1 Oreo ROMs were available but the Open GApps packages were not yet released which made it difficult to get the Google apps on the devices with custom ROMs as the other GApps packages are not as stable as the Open GApps package.
Talking about Open GApps package, there are plenty of options that are available in terms of downloading the GApps package. These options include the ability to download packages in Mini, Micro, Pico, Nano as well as Stock where Stock package contains each and every Google App that is available will be installed and the Stock package is the biggest in terms of size.
● An Android device which is running custom ROM based on Android 8.1 Oreo
● A Custom ROM such as TWRP or CWM needs to be installed on your Android device.
How to install Open GApps based on Android 8.1 Oreo ROMs
● First of all, download the Open Gapps for Android 8.1 Oreo from the download section
● Now, Connect your Android device to PC and transfer the Open Gapps Zip file
● Make sure that you have already flashed the Android 8.1 Oreo-based ROM on your device.
● Now, return back to TWRP recovery “Install” section and choose the downloaded Open GApps package
● After this, swipe right to flash the GApps zip file on your device.
● Now, you will have Oreo GApps on your Android device running custom ROM as well. If you have any question regarding this GApps installation method mentioned above, you can comment in the comments section below and we will try to reply back as soon as we can.